Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Henry the Baby Squirrel


While I was out walking the dog yesterday, a small squiggly thing caught my eye. A teeny tiny baby squirrel had fallen from the nest waaaay up in the trees. Being a lover of all animals, I of course could not leave the poor thing there to die.
I scooped him up, settled him in a shoe box with two bags of lovely warm water and set about to find him a home!
Luckly, there are lots of certified rehabilitators in my area and they all welcomed Henry (that's the baby squirrel) with open arms.
Now a lovely woman named Lynn is taking care of Henry. Once he's on an established eating schedule, he'll travel to Noah's Ark, an area pet sanctuary. I've heard the animals live in luxury there, much like mine do here at home. I miss Henry! I only had him for a day, but I fell in love! But he's in much more skilled hands now. There's a lot that goes into taking care of a newborn squirrel! So here's to Henry and his new life of luxury.

1 Comments:

Blogger stilettoheights said...

That is a beautiful little squirrel...I am almost crying....

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home