Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Our lovely weekend getaway!


It was so great to get out of town for a few days. We headed to the North Georgia Mountains, just a few hours away. It's hard to believe that some place so close to heaven is right up the road!

When we first arrived Thursday afternoon, it was a total downpour. It rained for about four hours. And I LOVE the rain. I just sat back listening to the raindrops bounce off the roof.

On Friday, we woke to an absolutly beautiful morning. The creek was right in our backyard and still swollen from the previous wet weather. I loved sitting there listening to the rushing water. We went up to the top of the moutain for the view and followed a short trail back to the waterfalls. It was so beautiful.


It was nice to get away and spend some time together. We were able to cook meals, catch up on some reading, and play lots of Scrabble. We just relaxed with each other. I couldn't ask for a nice trip. I was really sorry to pull away from our tiny cabin in the woods!

2 Comments:

Blogger Funky Finds said...

oh how wonderful!

8:23 AM  
Blogger stilettoheights said...

so beautiful, I am jealous!!

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home